Dienstag, 29. März 2011

Mai Tai Experience

Lately, we hear again and again that the fabulous Smith & Cross rum from Jamaica should be the perfect replacement for the original 17 year old J Wray & Nephew. That may well be, unfortunately I can not confirm, because it previously was not possible for me to drink this Mai Tai with that famous J Wray Nephew.

I have to believe the words of those who had the good fortune to taste this drink, and yet I would like to express my unimprotant opinion on the use of this rum.
I love this rum, it´s a fantastic, aromatic and heavy bodied rum. This sensational liqour
will be part of countless cocktails, but honestly I´ve to say that I´ll drink my Mai Tai also in the future without the Smith & Cross rum.

Maybe I'm a philistine, but I prefer the Jamaica / Martinique mixture, even if my damn habits are to blame. I had so many perfect Mai Tai´s in the past and at this time I'm not ready to prefer the new variant. Sorry, I´m not convinced.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen